Saturday, January 12, 2008

January 8, 2008 (Personal)

Last night was a formal night and on this cruise, we have to host a table in the dining room on formal nights. Last time Carter seemed to get called away for all of these dinners, so I tried to prepare myself this time. I memorized the names and tried to remember who was married to whom, but once I sat down, I had no clue. It all became a blur. Oh, well. Carter didn’t get called away, thank goodness, dinner was delicious and we had a most pleasant time.

Today was in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica and since we were here about 6 weeks ago, I didn’t feel deprived if we didn’t get off the ship. Carter, on the other hand, did. So we got off in the afternoon, at the height of the heat, and went in search of a regular supermarket. We found one, but you had to check EVERYTHING when you went in, so I decided to wait on the outside with our packs and let Carter do the shopping. Definitely not the best idea. I thought he would never come out! I stood there for a while, feeling the sweat run down my back and legs – this humidity is amazing. We had discussed that we wanted small water bottles to carry at each port or to the workout center. Well, he proudly presented me with a 2 liter bottle of water. It is so big, it hardly fits in the frig!

Our other adventure was to locate a passenger on the ship to make sure everything was ok. It was most difficult since this person’s description was “white hair and a little heavy set.” That describes at least 60-80% of the ship’s passengers. I had met this person, so I was brought along to identify. We must have walked several miles before we were successful.

Our safe is still locked from the last passenger and I am getting weary of carrying all of our treasures. Since we are crew, we get last priority – plus these passengers expect to get what they want, when they want it. They certainly have paid for it. I just keep reminding myself that I am gaining muscles. It could be worse.

Tomorrow is the Panama Canal – straight thru in one day. There is a balcony right in front of our room that is at the very front of the ship. I am sure it will be crowded early in the morning. I’ll just have to keep the curtains closed.

Winnie

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home