Wednesday, February 08, 2006

February 8, 2006




I can’t believe I am getting to see Antarctica. I am seeing bunch of ice bergs that are so huge. There are so many penguins on the ice bergs that are floating by the ship. I also saw seals and sea lions just lying on the ice bergs together. There are many mountains in Antarctica; I didn’t think there would be mountains besides ice floes and enormous ice bergs. The first day in Antarctica was great because the sky was clear and we got to see all the sea animals and the birds. The last two days have been very foggy but you could still see land and some birds and penguins. Oh, I also saw three whales on the first day here. Right know we are just at sea on our way to South Orkney Islands. The waves that are hitting against the ship are so big that it is scaring the heck out of me.
I have also been walking 1 mile out on the deck around the ship in the freezing and windy weather. While walking I slipped and fell on my bottom it was really funny. I am trying to stay busy by talking to the crew workers and exercising or reading. The crew workers are very nice. There is a Java café that I go to and the guys that work there are very nice and they show me magic ticks so I can stay entertained and not get board on the ship. I am also eating a lot of food; right now I am trying to slow down so I won’t return like a whale.
Always, Alemitu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home